Recent surveys of certifications and certification holders show the following.
1. Almost 70% of employers either pay the entire cost of certification or participate in the cost of certification.
2. Almost two-thirds of certification holders have college degrees.
3. The average cost of one certification is close to $2,000.
4. Over one-third of certified personnel were promoted within one year of obtaining certification.
5. More than half of certification holders received a substantial raise within one year of obtaining their certification.
6. The average salary increase due to one certification was close to $5,000.
7. CompTIA’s A+, iNet+ and Network+, Security + certifications are among the top types of certifications.
8. The average salary of a certification holder is over $55,000.
The above is just one example of the benefits of certification. To be competitive in today’s job market, a degree is helpful but is not the all-encompassing answer that it once was. Certification is highly desired and I encourage you to include one or more certifications in your professional development plan. A+, Network+, Security +, CCNA, Linux + and iNet+ certification preparation courses are offered through Iowa Central Community College.
By submitting this form, I confirm that the information provided on this form is accurate and complete and I agree to receive email communications, phone calls, and SMS/Text Messages from Iowa Central Community College at the numbers provided above, including my wireless numbers if provided. Contact methods may include calls or texts made using automated technology. I understand this consent is not required to attend Iowa Central and that if I wish to request information without providing the above consent, I may request information by contacting the College directly at 800-395-0292.