Military Service and Veterans

Tuition for past and present military personnel is $250 a credit hour. You can pay for this several ways. There are some options below but you can also call us at 1-800-395-0292 so we can help you find out what the best way to go for you would be.


Qualified veterans are eligible for G.l. benefits at Iowa Central College Online. Early arrangements should be made with the Veterans representative in Enrollment Management.

Military Service Policy

Enrolled students who receive orders from the National Guard or reserve forces of the United States to active duty have the following options:

  • Withdraw: Withdraw (Drop) from all courses and receive a full refund of tuition and mandatory fees.
  • Complete Courses: Arrange with the instructor/s for course grades or Incompletes that will be completed by a later date as per the Iowa Central College Online Incomplete Grade Agreement. In this case, the tuition and fees are assessed in full for the courses.

Tuition Assistance

The Tuition Assistance (TA) program provides financial assistance in support of military personnel’s professional and personal development goals. All Active Duty military personnel (officers, warrant officers, enlisted) are authorized to participate in the TA program (subject to qualifying criteria).You will want to check with your education officer to make sure you meet the qualifying criteria. This includes members of the Active Guard Reserve as well as Reserve Component Soldiers who are activated under U.S. Code Title 10 or Title 32.

For more information regarding the Tuition Assistance program, call 1-800-395-0292.

VA Benefits

Iowa Central Community College Online is approved for the education and training of Veterans. The Department of Veterans Affairs is the government agency responsible for determining eligibility for VA education benefits and for authorizing payment for the benefits. If you have questions about the available benefits or your eligibility, please call the Veterans Affairs Education Office. VA Education Office 1.888.442.4551

You may also visit the Department of Veterans Affairs to learn more about the available benefits.

If you have questions about what other steps are needed here in at ICCC you may contact us at 866.932.4692 and we will get you in touch with those that can help you.

Transferring in military credits

You will want to obtain your unofficial transcripts and then your official transcripts. They can be found at the sites listed below.

Officials need to be sent to:

Iowa Central Community College Online
ATTN: Distance Learning
One Triton Circle
Fort Dodge, IA 50501

Important Links

Army AARTS can be found in two places.

Thank you for taking a look at our information and we hope you enquire for more information so we can help those who have so much honor, courage, and commitment to become a Triton. Iowa Central is proud to salute and serve those who have served our country — past, present, and future!

Request Information Now!
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

By submitting this form, I confirm that the information provided on this form is accurate and complete and I agree to receive email communications, phone calls, and SMS/Text Messages from Iowa Central Community College at the numbers provided above, including my wireless numbers if provided. Contact methods may include calls or texts made using automated technology. I understand this consent is not required to attend Iowa Central and that if I wish to request information without providing the above consent, I may request information by contacting the College directly at 800-395-0292.